PLEASE READ AND SIGN AT LOCATION WHEN ATTENDING TRAINING
Fit Farm Training, Tony Curtis & Marion Brownlie
Training and racing waiver form
Personal training, NSW
VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTIONOF RISK, WAIVER, REALEASE AND INDENITY BY A PARTICIPANT COMPETITORS WARNING: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND COMPETITORS MUST ACCEPT THESE CONDITIONS.
1. I understand acknowledge that participating in obstacle racing and training organised and conducted by Fit Farm Training is a dangerous activity and is in the nature of extreme sport. As such it has inherent dangers and risks. The event may involve climbing over walls, up ropes, over cargo nets, along balancing beams, water and mud activities, crawling through or over pipes and under wire, running/walking on steep rocky, slippery and uneven ground, carrying and rolling obstacles, following directional signage, independent decision making and other unspecified surprises and mystery activities. I am aware of the hazards involved and acknowledge that there is always risk of injury (including permanent injury, mental injury, paralysis and death.) and damage to my property. The hazards include but are not limited to: remoteness of from assistance or medical aid, the nature of obstacles include, actions of participants and spectators, weather conditions, wildlife, heat exhaustion, condition or suitability of participants equipment. In my judgment I have sufficient competence, experience and equipment to participate in possible obstacle activities in a manner safe to myself and others.
2. I certify that I am physically fit and that I have sufficiently trained for participation in the training and racing. I certify I have not been advised by a qualified medical person that I should not participate in this type of physical activity and that I have been given the opportunity by the organiser to review the event as thoroughly as possible and ask questions regarding the event prior to my participation.
3. I further acknowledge and agree that I am undertaking the activity and event freely, voluntary and absolutely at my own risk with a full appreciation of the nature and extent of all risks involved in the activity.
4. In consideration of being allowed to participate in obstacle training and racing activities (I (on my own behalf and on the behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors’ and assigns):
(a) Waive, release and discharge, to the full extent permitted by law, from any and all liability from death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, and other loss and/or damages and all other risks, claims or actions of any kind )including breach of contract, any negligent or tortuous act or omission, breach of duty or breach of statutory duty) whatsoever and however occurring, together with any legal fees incurred as a result of such claim whether it be valid or not, which at any time I have had or have as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and my traveling to and from the training site the following persons and entities: Fit Farm Training, its directors, employees or agents, owners of any property upon which I enter and their(its) representatives, directors, employees, independent contractors, sponsors, representatives, agents , members and volunteers, including medical and paramedical personal appointed by Fit Farm Training.
(b) INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons mentioned in paragraph 3(a) from any and all liabilities claims or actions (including negligence) whatsoever and however caused or arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in or traveling to and from, including any claim by my (or my team’s) support crew or any person assisting me or my team;
5. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my personal possessions during the activity and all times I am on the property.
6. I accept the communications, search, rescue and medical aid arrangements put in place by the organisers. I understand and agree that in the first instance I am responsible for the provision of first aid to myself and those around me. As a competitor or support crew I am responsible for myself or my team’s timely removal from the course to a medical facility. I give my consent to receive any first aid and medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the course of an accident, injury and/or illness as a result of my involvement in any activity.
7. I agree to allow my photograph, video, multimedia or film likeness and or name to be used for any legitimate purpose by Fit Farm Training, its sponsors or assigns without payment or compensation.
8. I acknowledge that Tony Curtis fromFit Farm Training will not arrange insurance to cover me whilst I participate in any training, racing or activity on the site. I am responsible for my own personal accident insurance and ambulance cover.
9. I have read and understand this waiver of my legal rights and the indemnity I am giving.
Print Participant’s full name…………………………………………………………………..
Parent/career/guardian full name………………………………………………………